Serving the legal needs of agribusiness is a significant aspect of our practice. We provide representation and advice in a broad variety of matters for seed, nutrient and fertilizer companies; grain producers; food processors; distillers; alcohol manufacturers; and a host of related industries that help grow, create, label, and bring America’s harvest to market. Our agribusiness work includes, but is not limited to:
• The purchase, lease and sale of warehouses, terminals, real property, other agribusiness assets and companies;
• Drafting and negotiating agreements to protect confidential business information and proprietary rights;
• Prosecuting and defending pollution, crop damage, unfair competition, bodily injury and other claims;
• The interstate and international transportation of agricultural products by barge, ship, rail and truck, including drafting and interpreting bills of lading, freight contracts, and track switching and siding agreements;
• Pollution and hazardous waste, including how to protect against potential liability;
• Regulatory compliance programs, including but not limited to food labeling, since agribusiness firms face a myriad of federal and state laws, statutes and ordinances;
• Insurance coverage for comprehensive general liability, pollution liability, property damage, bodily injury, and cargo claims.